When most of us think about romantic travel destinations we think first of luxury travel resorts and first class flights. It's easy to imagine romantic feelings blossoming when thinking about sipping champagne with your loved one on your private veranda with beautiful views over the sea.
A touch of romance is though not about money... it's about feelings and setting the right mood for those feelings to blossom. Romantic travel destinations are all about the ambience, about the character and atmosphere of a place and money can't buy that... at least not on its own.
But What Is Romance And Romantic Holiday?
This is trickier question than it first looks like because what one couple thinks is the most romantic experience ever could easily be another couple's worst romantic nightmare. Romantic destinations can be as different as:
- Staying at luxury resort or camping in the wild
- Rejuvenating at a secluded spa or enjoying dining and wining city break
- Shopping in designer boutiques or bargaining hard at local markets
- Dining at Michelin star restaurants or picnicking on the beach
- Going on a relaxing beach holiday or actively pursue some leisure activity like skiing, golfing, hiking
What is romance and romantic travel destinations is not only very personal - the reasons for going on a romantic break can also vary greatly:
- You have just met and everything you do together has romantic in front of it
- You met long time ago and you want to add a touch of romance into your love life
- You are aware of the importance of keeping the romance alive in your relationship and romantic breaks are only one part of that
- You are celebrating a milestone in your relationship, like an anniversary
- You want to propose... or hoping that a touch of romance will encourage your partner to do so
- You are getting married and are going on a honeymoon
- You are renewing your vows and romantic holiday is part of that romantic experience
Giving travel romance tips that suits everyone's romance ideas and all occasions is therefore not straightforward. Maybe the best travel romance tip is not to expect too much of your romantic travel destinations. That is... going on what you consider to be a romantic holiday is on its own not enough.
Romance and romantic experiences are about feelings, about the right mood. You can't plan feelings but you can definitely set the mood.
Romantic Travel Destinations - For Any Occasion And Any Budget
Fortunately there are romantic travel destinations available for any occasion and for any budget.
The truly luxurious travel destinations are something that most of us can only dream of. We might let that dream come true on the big occasion in our life, like when on our honeymoon or when celebrating big anniversary or other important milestones in our relationships.
Rest of the time we are likely to go on a holiday to a romantic place but staying in more moderate priced accommodation... while still adding a touch or romance to the trip. It can be because the accommodation is characteristically different; the location is poetry romantic or offers activities that you enjoy doing together as a loving couple.
You can even do romantic holiday on a budget. You might not be staying in exclusive luxury resorts but you will be with your loved one, enjoying spending romantic time together. When we grow older we tend to have higher disposable income and therefore able to travel in more style. Most of us though look fondly back to the time when we had to save our pennies and enjoy travelling for what it is... experiencing and enjoying - ideally with our loved one.
Finally there are many different and exotic romantic travel destinations. You can do exotic holiday for any budget, luxury, moderate or budget. You just have to be up for doing something different. It can be safari in Africa, spending a night on a deserted island, sleeping in hammock in the Amazon jungle, climbing Kilimanjaro, photographing grizzly bear in Alaska... whatever you fancy for a touch of romance.
Just remember - romance and romantic experiences are about feelings, about the right mood. You can't plan feelings but you can set the mood.
Asa Gislason and her husband are the founders of Top-Travel-Tips.com, a website that offers relevant, accurate and practical international travel tips and advice. Their focus is to provide you with relevant travel information that can save you time and money when planning your next trip. They also provide information about products and services that can enrich your travel experience even further.
Have a look at these free romance tips and romance ideas and see if they can inspire you, and help you set the mood for your next romantic travel destination.