1. Rain Forests: No vacation is complete to Costa Rica without visiting its famous rainforests where you can see most of the natural resources that this country has to offer! While visiting Costa Rica national parks, located in these rainforests, you can enjoy guided tours or self-explore these areas which contain 5 percent of the world's biodiversity containing several exotic animal species. Only in these rainforests can you see all of these rare creatures in their natural habitats coexisting. There are over 400 species of birds, 1000 species of insects, and 2500 species of plant life. Don't forget you'll run into tropical rivers and see magnificent waterfalls along the way!
2. Exotic Beaches: The country's name "Costa Rica" translates into "Rich Coast" so naturally it has some of the most beautiful coasts in the world, perfect for a couple's travel experience. It is recognized as having the most exotic beaches in all of the world. The best beaches in Costa Rica are located along the Caribbean shoreline with its warm light colored exotic waters. The coastlines stretch for 1,290 miles and within those miles you can find up to 500,000 animal species living there and several varied microclimates. Enjoy tropical adventures in these exotic waters such as snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, and windsurfing. The year-round temperature never goes below 70 degrees and it never goes above 90 degrees, so you can enjoy these gorgeous tropical beach treasures all year round!
3. Huge Volcanoes Attractions: Costa Rica is home to many famous volcanoes. Volcanoes are as natural to Costa Rica as her rainforests. The Irazu volcano is the tallest volcano in all of Central America having a diameter of 600km3 and a height of 11,260 ft. It is so famous because it is the only location in all of Central America where the Caribbean sea and the Pacific Ocean can both be seen. Tourists from all over the world come to see this great site and the unique view it has to offer.
4. Famous Monuments Galore: History and the culture of Costa Rica are embedded throughout her seven providences and are well worth seeing; these places are visited by tourists worldwide. So while visiting, make sure to learn about Costa Rica by seeing some of these famous places. Behold historical Costa Rican museums that contain preserved artifacts, the world famous National Theater, the statue of their national hero, the gold museum, building and church ruins that date back to the time of Columbus, and the world renown "Basilica de los Angeles". These sights are visited from all over by tourists and religious figures; they make up cultural Costa Rica and they are famous all around the world. They are part of the exotic country's history and character, something that adds a little education to your vacation!
5. Sports in Costa Rica: Costa Rica is full of sports opportunities, ones you can watch and ones you can participate in. It is a Central American country, so it is home to many soccer fans or as the locals call it, "football". You can enjoy watching some professional soccer games where you may see some world famous players. You may also like to try your chance at being a golfer and play on world class golf courses located in this tropical country; you can even play on courses that are located right on the coast. Or maybe you like water sports? Perhaps a day of surfing with a surf camp, windsurfing, or maybe sport fishing for fun would better suit you. You and your loved ones can all find fun activities that are great for the whole family!
6. Wildlife/Animal life in Costa Rica: Costa Rica is home to hundreds of thousands of exotic animal species. There are more than 200 species of mammals, 850 species of birds, 200 species of amphibians, and 220 species of reptiles. That's a lot of species! While trekking through the rainforests and national parks and while walking along special beach spots, you can witness once in a lifetime animal experiences: perfect for things to do on a vacation with the family. See monkeys in their tree nests, birds of all sorts coexisting together, large lizards and snakes, and thousands of different types of exotic frogs that can only be found in Costa Rica. You can view these unique animals by going on rainforest tours; you can also go on a turtle nesting tour where you can watch turtles in their nesting stages, bird watching tours where you can view all sorts of amazing birds with bilingual guides to give you all the exclusive information on the species sighted, or you can go horseback riding along the coast and enjoy sights while riding. Which ever you choose, you are sure to enjoy and see exotic and unique wildlife.
7. Thrill Seekers going to Costa Rica: If you are looking for adrenaline rushes or seriously thrilling experiences then here are some of the most exciting things to do in Costa Rica. There is so much to do in this exotic country; it is not only a place people go to relax on vacation, but it is also a place people go to up their adrenaline levels. You can find bungee jumping, mountain biking or hiking through dense rainforest and mountainous/volcanic territories, zip lines in Costa Rica are located all throughout forests hundreds of feet above the ground for mid-air adventures, white water rafting through natural rapids located deep in exotic forests or parks, or windsurfing across the coastline which sometimes contains 15-20 ft waves. Here you can definitely find your thrill rush with plenty of activities to thrive on.
8. Food, Dining, and Dancing in Costa Rica: Dancing is a must in all Latin countries. While in Costa Rica, get your groove on and learn how to dance some Salsa at a dance studio with lessons, or by just going out to the clubs and learning from the locals. The native Costa Ricans are always friendly and willing to help you out if they see you are trying. Some of the hottest clubs and dance spots are located in the capital city of San Jose and you can dance the night away Costa Rican style while you enjoy your visit to this exotic destination. If you're looking to try some genuine foods of Costa Rica, be sure to visit the restaurants that serve you the traditional meals of the locals that consist of rice, beans, and vegetables cooked with secret spices and sauces, several meats cooked to exotic perfection with many Caribbean and South American spices blended to mouth-watering tastes. The most famous dish is "Gallo Pinto" made of rice, beans, cilantro, green peppers, onions, garlic, chicken consommé, and Lizano sauce (which is a Costa Rican sauce: the ingredient believed to be the secret to all of Costa Rica's amazing flavor in its cuisine). So don't miss out on all the tastes of this paradise country while visiting!
9. Relaxing Activities in Costa Rica: While on vacation in Costa Rica there are countless ways to relax. Due to the volcanoes located in the region, there are several natural hot springs that many spas use as an amenity for their spa guests. Treat yourself to a spa day and have complete pampering served to you for ultimate relaxation. There are several spas, gyms, and resorts that offer relaxing yoga and Pilates to help release negative energies and fulfill your ultimate relaxation needs. Also, there are great places to shop in the cities for souvenirs and gifts at great affordable prices. Don't forget that Costa Rica is also famous for its beautiful exotic beaches, these are free places where you can relax and see beaches that have been noted around the world as some of the most beautiful.
10. Going to Costa Rica? Enjoy your stay in style: Want to get the safest Costa Rica travel possible? While visiting on vacation or while on business, be sure to impress everyone and enjoy yourself by hiring body guards or by renting limousines to be driven around in. Luxury rentals in Costa Rica make you look and feel like a star. It has services that offer body guards and limos for your service and protection. So feel like a movie star while on vacation by including these amenities in your vacation!
For more useful information on Costa Rica and its attractions visit www.costaricasunshine.com
About the Author
Im a world traveler. I have been in many countries around the world, but fell in love with Costa Rica since the first time I went down there. I love animals, forests, and nature. Costa Ricans or "Ticos" are extremely friendly and always willing to have a good time. I wrote this article to tell people about this amazing country that has become my new home. Thanks for the opportunity to post my own article.